Technology and music have been flourishing hand in hand. The most significant example of this association is the electronic drum set. It is the implementation of modern advances into music to create something that has never been done before. The reason why electric drum sets have gained so much popularity is because of the sound quality and clarity, which is simply unparalleled. There is no denying the fact that the traditional drummers find it difficult to accept electronic drum sets as a musical instrument. But once they experience it, the real versatility of it comes out. If you have decided to start playing an electronic drum set, here are a few things that you should know.
Why should you buy electronic drum sets?
Ditching the traditional drum sets and opting for an electronic one will need a lot of convincing, especially if they are a purist by heart. It can be further extrapolated by the fact that the electric drum sets are much more expensive than the normal ones. However, it is a new-age music system that comes with a lot of advantages like
- There are a vast variety of sound tunes and tones that are being discovered each day, and electronic drum sets have a significant role to play in it.
- You do not have to invest in any other instruments.
- The versatility of electric drum sets is commendable and can be used in a vast range of types of songs in a music studio.
- As a drummer, you must be a part of a band that must be traveling from one place to another. Portability plays an important role here. Electronic drum sets can be packaged compactly and transported easily, without any doubts.
- Last but not least, one of the main reasons why people pick electric drum sets over the traditional ones is because they are more comfortable and faster to learn and progress in music is much quicker than expected.
What are the components of the electronic drum set?
Now that you are aware of the reasons why you should opt for an electronic from the set over the traditional ones. Here are the components that you should be aware of before making an informed purchase.
- Rubber pads and transducer that will play the role of drums and which are one of the main components. They may vary in number but are generally 5. The transducer regulates the amount and quality of sound that will come from the drums.
- Drum sticks that are similar to the ones used in traditional ones and should be compatible with the rubber pads mentioned above.
They have a few additional components those are
- Holders for the sticks to be kept in place.
- Tuning adapter to change the screws of the drum pads.
- Presence of drum rugs that prevent the slipping of the set.
- Drum pedal of the double bass type that can produce a loud and vibrant sound.
- Drum bags that will be used to keep the drums when traveling with it.
Once you have decided to buy an electronic drum set, you should do proper market research and then choose the best available in the market. It is always advisable to look over some expert review before landing on any particular product.